Posted in Location @ Oct 2nd 2012 11:43am - By Admin
- Queensland Cancer Helpline have a lot of information on our database re: accommodation, transport, financial assistance, and everything related to cancer. Phone 131120 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday to Friday.
- Apply for a taxi subsidy voucher at least 5 weeks before arrival from Qld Transport (Fortitude Valley Train Station) – requires doctors verification.
- Ask about cost of treatment compared to outpatient vs inpatient as there is a huge difference in the amount the Medicare Safety Net will cover.
- Pink parking ticket allows free parking for cancer patients.
- There is a yellow Drop off area in the doctor’s car park right next to the oncology radium treatment clinic – keep turning left after the drop off area beside the cafe.
- There is a volunteer pickup and drop off service available from the radium clinic
- Queensland Ambulance Service has patient transfer available for patients needing a stretcher. Available through the radium nurses.
- To get to the Wesley by the flattest route, turn right out of FoundaGardens, walk down to Lang Parade, and turn left. Lang Parade curves around and ends up at Auchenflower Station and the Oncology Department of the Wesley.